Do you have down days? No energy, zero personal productivity, low drive or enthusiasm?
Well, you're not alone; everyone I know has just such periods. But somehow we all manage to eventually shake them off but it’s so frustrating to look back on that wasted time?
I know not why they arrive but they do and they can be a real time waster, frustration builder which can send you spiraling even further down.
As a business owner I’m sure you will agree it's a pretty lonely place and if you are having a low productivity period what do you do?
Well here are some tips you:
1. Spend half an hour cleaning up your workspace make it tidy; take everything off your desk except the one thing that you absolutely have to do.
2. Focus only on the important task – delegate, automate or terminate everything else.
3. Take a walk, 10 minutes of rhythmic walking should clear the mind and get you back on track.
4. If you work at home; get out, go to a coffee shop, library, hotel reception anywhere where there are people. A change of scene is as good as a rest!
5. If you need one, have a power nap.
6. Do two or three small or easy tasks to get you back in the mood for achieving and completing something. You'll soon be super productive again.
7. Plan ahead if you are a slow starter in the morning. Before you leave the office right down three things you are going to do first thing tomorrow morning.
8. Set the alarm on your phone and give yourself 18 minutes to do the next task. Why 18 minutes? Well if you read 18 minutes by Peter Bregman you'll have the answer.
9. Drink a glass of water, dehydration might be the problem.
10. Find an inspiring person to talk to. I have a really good friend who, against all the odds is always smiling and happy she is the one person that can re-energise me to do what I need to do.
11. Conversely, avoid those people that just ‘drain’ all of your energy – the ones that only want to take from you, have a negative outlook and don’t give anything back.
12. …. And finally give yourself a little talking too – how are you going to achieve your goals if you don’t make progress today?
Remember that to perform well, have higher energy and achieve lots you need to be fit and healthy so make sure you look after yourself: good diet, exercise and enough sleep.
1. Follow me on Twitter / LinkedIn and let me know the business challenges keeping you awake at night that you want to solve. Click here to email. Connect with me, The Business Planning Coach on Facebook and Instagram.
I host the Small Business Clinic on Clubhouse every Tuesday & Thursday at 8am. Drop in and ask me & my panel of experts a question.
2. Grab a copy of my book The Grown-Up Business (paperback and Kindle). Get the tools and inspiration you need to go to the next level of wealth.
3. Work with me on your growth business to overcome the blockages, hurdles & problems that are holding you back. Join the community, email me with Let’s Get Started in the subject line or book a 30 Discovery Meeting using Calendly