Closing the sale is not good enough. All businesses know that the 'sale' is not complete until the money is in your bank account. But with everyone pushing credit to the limit these days, how do you get your money, and fast? One of your top priorities should be to get paid quickly. Try the following suggestions.
1. Ask for the money upfront; it is that simple. You may need to incentivise them with a range of offers such as a:
2. Ask for a deposit, or a larger than normal deposit - you never know they may just pay
3. Use early payment incentives as part of a negotiation to get paid quickly
4. Ensure that all invoices raised are 100% accurate - don’t give the client an excuse to delay payment - you want to get paid quickly
5. Look at recurring income models. Can you put your clients on monthly DDMs? What could you offer on a regular payment basis?
6. Make sure that accounts team know what you have agreed.
Of course you should only be giving credit if you've credit checked those customers in the first place! However secure you think they are you should still check them out. Whatever you do don't give credit and an early payment discount - now that would be a recipe for disaster !
1. Follow me on Twitter / LinkedIn and let me know the business challenges keeping you awake at night that you want to solve. Click here to email. Connect with me, The Business Planning Coach on Facebook and Instagram.
I host the Small Business Clinic on Clubhouse every Tuesday & Thursday at 8am. Drop in and ask me & my panel of experts a question.
2. Grab a copy of my book The Grown-Up Business (paperback and Kindle). Get the tools and inspiration you need to go to the next level of wealth.
3. Work with me on your growth business to overcome the blockages, hurdles & problems that are holding you back. Join the community, email me with Let’s Get Started in the subject line or book a 30 Discovery Meeting using Calendly